- The 25th Anniversary of Moondance Jam will be smokin' with BOSTON! The iconic classic rockers will close out Moondance Jam in style by headlining the main stage on Saturday, July 23, 2016! Bursting onto the music scene in 1976 with over 17 million copies of their 1976 self-titled album sold, Boston generated hits such as "More Than a Feeling," "Peace of Mind," and "Smokin'," rock staples that are still in heavy rotation today. Their second album, Don't Look Back was another chart-topper that confirmed their place in rock history, followed by Third Stage, which hit #1 on the charts, with the top single of 1986, "Amanda." BOSTON has stood the test of time selling over 31 million albums and performing for live audiences that span generations.
- Rick Springfield is signed on for Moondance! Rick Springfield, creator of some of the finest power-pop of the '80s, will join Chicago and Loverboy this summer on Friday, July 22 at Moondance Jam 25! The Grammy Award winning singer, songwriter, and musician has sold 25 million albums and scored 17 U.S. Top 40 hits, including "Jessie's Girl," "Don't Talk to Strangers," "An Affair of the Heart," "I've Done Everything for You," "Love Somebody," and "Human Touch."
- Chicago will be headlining the Moondance Jam main stage on Friday night! They will be helping us celebrate 25 years of rock at Moondance with their first ever appearance at the Jam! Hailed as one of the "most important bands in music since the dawn of the rock and roll era" by former President Bill Clinton, the legendary rock and roll band with horns, Chicago, came in at #9, the highest charting American band in Billboard Magazine's Hot 200 All-Time Top Artists. And Chicago is the first American rock band to chart Top 40 albums in six decades. Chicago will be inducted into the 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame with their first nomination! Their first album, Chicago Transit Authority, was inducted into the GRAMMY Hall Of Fame in 2014.
- Loverboy Will Rock Friday Afternoon of Jam 25! With their trademark red leather pants, bandannas, big rock sound and high-energy live shows, LOVERBOY has sold more than 10 million albums, earning four multi-platinum plaques, including the four-million-selling Get Lucky, and a trio of double-platinum releases in their self-titled 1980 debut, 1983's Keep It Up and 1985's Lovin' Every Minute of It. Their string of hits includes, in addition to the anthem "Working for the Weekend," such arena rock staples as "Lovin' Every Minute of It," "This Could Be the Night," "Hot Girls in Love," "The Kid is Hot Tonite," "Turn Me Loose," "When It's Over," "Heaven In Your Eyes" and "Queen of the Broken Hearts."
- Walker Pilot-Independent Shinedown, Peter Frampton, The Doobie Brothers 'rock' Moondance Jam 24
- Get Ready to Rock! Gig review: MOONDANCE JAM
- Classic Rock Revisited Moondance Jam 24
- Wadena Pioneer Journal Moondance Jam 2015
- AXS Sammy Hagar performs in spite of severe flooding at Moondance Jam
- ukconcertreviews Moondance Jam 24
MOONDANCE JAM NEWS ARTICLES ARCHIVE
The news archive has moved to the history section.