2021 Moondance Jam "Thirty Years of Rock & Roll" Camping Contest
This is the grand finale, so let it all hang out with "Thirty Years of Rock & Roll" at Moondance. Get together with your camping crew (now that you finally can) and figure out what this theme means for your group, put it together and you'll have a shot at the top three spots or winning it all.
The top three campsites win six tickets to one of the 2022 Moondance events or 10 tickets to Harvest Moon Festival in September. And if your campsite rocks the most, you and your crew will also be jammin' from the StageBox above the Backstage Bar on Saturday!
- REQUIRED: You must register your campsite so we can find you. There
is a registration form at the bottom of the page.
- Heads Up! Preliminary judging will take place Thursday afternoon. That's right, make sure take care advantage of our early, 4-day camping to get setup. YOU DO NOT TO NEED TO HAVE YOUR CAMPSITE COMPLETELY FINISHED ON THURSDAY FOR THE PRELIMINARY JUDGING, JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH STUFF UP SO THAT WE CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO MAKE SURE YOU MAKE IT INTO THE FINALS ON FRIDAY
- FINALS! Camping contest finals judging is FRIDAY from approximately Noon - 3pm.
is based on the quality, originality and FUN. Judging is completely
will have preliminary judges going around to check campsites
on Thursday afternoon. The preliminary judging is pretty informal and they will just be getting an idea of what your site looks like. During or shortly after the prelims we will let you know if your campsite made the finals and approximately what time we will see you on Friday. If no one is at your site, we will contact you if it looks like your site will qualify for the finals.
If you don't think that you can have your site ready by Thursday early afternoon, upgrade your camping passes to 4 days and get to Moondance a day early to get a jump on decorating and to enjoy the Pre Jam Party with ThundHerStruck & The Sweet on Wednesday night. To upgrade call 218-836-1055 or you can upgrade at the gate on Wednesday.
The finalist judging crew will then hit the trails on Friday from approximately Noon - 3pm to judge the campsites that make the finals.
- There are at least three winning campsites: Grand Champion and two runner-ups.
- The winning campsites will be notified and then announced on stage on Saturday.
- All 3 winning campsites will receive six tickets to one of the 2022 Moondance events or 10 tickets to Harvest Moon Festival in September.
- The Grand Champion campsite will also win passes to the Backstage Bar and access to the StageBox for several songs during the 4:00, 6:00 or 8:00 show on Saturday this year.
- A maximum of six people per winning campsite are eligible for prizes.
- A video of the camping contest will be shown at various times on the JumboTron on Saturday.
Camping Contest Registration Form
Register no later than Tuesday, July 20 (we will try, but we cannot guarantee we will see registrations after that date). Please designate one person as your camp contact. We will try to find all of the decorated campsites, but it is a big area to cover, so it is a lot easier if we have someone to contact if needed.