2018 Moondance Jam "Nothin' but a Good Time" Camping Contest
We know that all of you campers love Moondance, so we want you to show us why Moondance is "Nothin' but a Good Time" this year! You and your camping crew decide what your "good time" campsite looks like and we'll come and find you in the campgrounds to decide the best of the "good time" campsites! The top three win tickets to Moondance Jam 28. And if your campsite is the "greatest time" in the grounds, you and your crew will also be jammin' from the StageBox above the Backstage Bar on Saturday!
- REQUIRED: You must register your campsite so we can find you. There
is a registration form at the bottom of the page.
- Heads Up! Preliminary judging will take place Thursday afternoon. That's right, make sure take care advantage of our early, 4-day camping to get setup. YOU DO NOT TO NEED TO HAVE YOUR CAMPSITE COMPLETELY FINISHED ON THURSDAY FOR THE PRELIMINARY JUDGING, JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH STUFF UP SO THAT WE CAN SEE WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO MAKE SURE YOU MAKE IT INTO THE FINALS ON FRIDAY
- FINALS! Camping contest finals judging is FRIDAY from approximately 11am - 2pm.
is based on the quality, originality and FUN. Judging is completely
will have preliminary judges going around to check campsites
on Thursday afternoon. The preliminary judging is pretty informal and they will just be getting an idea of what your site looks like. During or shortly after the prelims we will let you know if your campsite made the finals and approximately what time we will see you on Friday. If no one is at your site, we will contact you if it looks like your site will qualify for the finals.
If you don't think that you can have your site ready by Thursday early afternoon, upgrade your camping passes to 4 days and get to Moondance a day early to get a jump on decorating and to enjoy the Pre Jam Party & Hairball on Wednesday night. To upgrade call 218-836-1055 or you can upgrade at the gate on Wednesday.
The finalist judging crew will then hit the trails on Friday from approximately 11am - 2pm to judge the campsites that make the finals.
- There are at least three winning campsites: Grand Champion and two runner-ups.
- The winning campsites will be notified and then announced on stage on Saturday.
- All 3 winning campsites will receive 6 tickets for Moondance Jam 28.
- The Grand Champion campsite will also win passes to the Backstage Bar and access to the StageBox for several songs during the 3:00, 5:00, 7:00 or 9:00 show on Saturday this year.
- A maximum of six people per winning campsite are eligible for prizes.
- A video of the camping contest will be shown at various times on the JumboTron on Saturday.
Camping Contest Registration Form
Register no later than Tuesday, July 17 (we cannot guarantee we will see registrations after that date). Please designate one person as your camp contact. We will try to find all of the decorated campsites, but it is a big area to cover, so it is a lot easier if we have someone to contact if needed.